Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fall on Lake Ozark Hill

Well, I am sort of into making little greeting cards again. I decided to matt this one though. It has a mate but it will be in the greeting card pile. This is the best of the two. Watercolor is especially fun for these small paintings and I really think most people like receiving an original painting as a greeting. Like I said, this is a watercolor, started with some dry brush to get texture, even using a little sponge, then washes over and into, carving out areas that just show up with the watercolor sometimes going just where it wants to go. So much fun!! This started out to be the hill to the side of my little cabin but as you can see the land got flat. Oh well, the other one still has the hill but the composition in this one is the best. This one is 5x7, on 300 lb. Arches wateracolor paper.


No comments: