Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fall Trees on Lake Ozark Hill

If this one looks familiar, I painted this same scene in watercolor and posted it the other day. One simply can't capture the brilliance of the trees with the sun bouncing through the leaves with camera or paints. But I like to try. God sure made these Ozark hills a beautiful place to behold. This is a 6x8 Golden Open Acrylic, painted on a Pintura panel from ASW. Nice surface! And inexpensive. It really looks nice in a wide gold frame, sitting on a gold table easel. I just finished this one. It seemed to take me longer but when I go back to these acrylics, I sort of "fight" them for awhile as they dry so much slower than my regular acrylics and faster than the oils. Oh well, that is what is fun, painting a variety of subjects and in a variety of mediums.
This one really looks bright. I think maybe part of the reason is I had my panel coated with a red wash.

No comments: